• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alcohol

AustinTheAspie

Just Another Member
Howdy. It's everyone's favorite aspie. Got a question; what does everyone think about the intoxicating liquid substance known as alcohol? Personally, I love it. I'm an avid beer, wine, and occasional whiskey drinker. Thankfully I know when to cut it off, and I don't drink to excess. I'm currently drinking a Coor's Light, and I must say, it's damn good stuff for a light beer.

I'm alcohol intolerant - all the types I've tried have a horrible taste/after-taste and the stuff makes me feel like crap later.

The closest I've ever gotten to getting drunk was when I drunk some cans of Strongbow Dark Fruit cider. The taste/aftertaste was still off-putting and I apparently was pretty tipsy - nearly falling over a couple of times and acting like a bit of an ass towards my sisters.
Felt shocking in the morning and haven't touched the stuff since.

Last edited:
Day drinking huh? I had a Fosters Radler yesterday afternoon while making homemade burgers on the BBQ. Not normally a Fosters fan but these are mixed with cloudy lemon and only have 2% vol. and it has a zesty refreshing taste.

An entire weekend of sun, a Manchester United win, F1 and burgers. It was a good day.

I used to drink IPA beers (yummy) and some wine. I never drank much and a half a beer could makes me dizzy. Guess my little ear balancers are over sensitive to alcohol. Anyhoo, I quit because I saw how many problems it caused other people. Decided it wasn't worth the risk no matter how careful and responsible I thought I was. Now I'm a teetotaler but not so uptight about it that I didn't go buy my sister a beer last time she was over for dinner.

Always enjoyed alcohol. But seldom drink much. Though I do like a sip of Jamesons or Jack Daniels from time to time. And a stout 1800 Margarita or Belgian Wheat Ale on a hot day.

Last edited:
I'm an alcohol enthusiast. Mostly a fan of vodka, wine and beer. I've got a wee bit of a problem with drinking way too much though, so I've put some very harsh limits in place for myself. No daytime drinking, no drinking alone, no drinking on weeknights and no getting drunk. I'm fun these days :D

When I was younger, I used to drink a lot on weekends. When I was drinking, I could socialize much better. But I would not recommend drinking just so you can talk to people. It does not take to many years for that to catch up to you. Now days I rarely ever drink. If I have a six pack of beer that will last me for months. A couple of years ago I had a 12 pack of bottled beer in the garage frig that was a year or two old. So I took them to the range, shook them up and shot them. Great fun, except for cleaning up the glass.

I've been teetotal for about 6 years. I don't hate alcohol, I just don't really see the point.

I stick to beer... and don't often find myself too buzzed. I used to drink to excess. Rowdy. Had friends in that lifestyle...

Now it's just a few on the golf course, or while watching a movie.

One trick I learned to limit it was to eat a meal. Afterwards I am full and the alcohol just doesn't taste the same...

I don't like beer or lager. I drink cider, spirits and I'm do like the Jack Daniel's honey whiskey.

When I drink I'm able to talk to people much more easily, when I'm drunk I tend to think about logical things. I'm not always sure if they're right however.

But I don't like to get drunk because as soon as I'm on my own I start to wish I wasn't intoxicated.

I am on quite a few different drugs at the moment, the last one that was added, aripiprazole, makes me feel drowsy when I drink so that's bad.

I love beer, a glass a wine occasionally, and Scotch. I usually drink a beer most nights. I don't really like the feeling of being drunk, but i do enjoy the taste.

I don't drink as I found I was allergic / intolerant to it years ago. I used to drink far to much of the stuff and didn't seem to have an off button. I used it to deal with life and feelings...

I am an Alcoholic in Recovery (Recovered / Recovering, take your pick). Been sober 20 years now. It's not an issue for me anymore. Life, feelings, mood etc. however are... but the Asperger's diagnosis is helping to make sense of some of that...

Last edited:
Not a big fan of alcohol personally. It makes me ill now, beer, wine, hard liquor. can tolerate the occasional cider, or a dark british beer. That's about it for me, even after one beer I have a hangover the next day.

New Threads

Top Bottom