• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
62610A9D-799C-47B1-B473-CE51E6A1C617.jpeg

I like this Picture I just drawn but I think it’s missing a little something do you guys think have any suggestions?

what do you think my drawing?

I have two pieces of advice, not just for you, but for anyone that is into / wants to make art:

1. Experiment. Dont just stick with one medium, or one particular style of drawing. You may find something very unexpected that you have a natural aptitude for. I sure wasnt expecting to be any good at fractal art or surreal stuff, but... that's turned out to be my niche. Art as a whole is a hobby that really does encourage experimentation for all sorts of reasons.

2. PRACTICE A LOT. Seriously. Getting advice is nice and all, but what's really going to do it for you is just constant practice.

3. Dont take advice TOO seriously, when you do get some. Everyone has wildly different ideas on what makes art good or not. It is so incredibly subjective.

As for specific advice for your drawings there? Er... I dont know. Like I said, I do fractals and surreal stuff, I get a bit lost on other types of subjects.

It is a sweet picture, nice colors.

It comes across to me as an expression of thought - a cartoon or illustration or little poster.

For me it’s hard to know whether the words are the important part, or the drawing?

I cant read what is on the bigger person's shirt very well, and I think the words are important. I think you might like using different tools, like colored pencils, those are my favorite. I also really like colored pens.

Good composition skills. My eye flows around your picture.

I like the big eyes, it made me think of cabbage patch dolls. I hope you continue drawing. I did a bunch of cartoons during my divorce, they made me laugh.

Did you use crayons? Another idea, is colored pencils, they allow you flexibility.

Thank you for sharing your artwork.

I really like it! The eyes on the taller figure are so expressive, they draw me in. Thanks for sharing your picture!

New Threads

Top Bottom