1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

AC Slow in Google Chrome?

Discussion in 'Site Questions, Suggestions & Feedback' started by Sportster, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Sportster

Sportster Aged to Perfection V.I.P Member

. . .

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. Judge

Judge Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

From what I see it's more a client-side Google Chrome issue than anything else. Here's a suggestion from CNet. But "the cure might be worse than the disease" depending on other applications you use.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/a-quick-fix-for-your-slow-chrome-browser/

You might also consider culling your browser plug-ins, extensions and add-ons if they aren't completely necessary. Which might speed up Chrome somewhat, though reduce the versatility of your browser.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  3. superboyian

superboyian supermodian V.I.P Member

I've also noticed this issue when I load this site using Safari. Do you get the same issue when you browse other webpages too?

4. Ben Cousins

Ben Cousins The original omnishambles

Yes

Yes, less pushing to purchase premium. Settle on a way you want to thrust it in our general direction and let us decide if we want it.

5. Ben Cousins

That was pointed at the admins.

When I log in, I get two alerts down the bottom right, and one at the top of the page. And I'm getting sick of dismissing them.

6. radasp

radasp Well-Known Member

WOW! Haven't been here for awhile and I won't be coming. I have ad-blocking on this site, but still getting OBNOXIOUS ads that obscure content. Runs, runs, runs in Explorer - I see that they are pushing "upgrades" This is annoying - instead I'll be leaving. Why do websites have to KILL a good thing? GOOD-BYE

7. Ben Cousins

Perhaps; but not when you keep getting pestered to do it. A donation should be voluntary; not forced.

8. Brent

Brent Administrator Staff Member Admin

Lets be honest here. No one is forcing you to do anything. Maybe you find the notification annoying but that isn't force.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Brent

Brent Administrator Staff Member Admin

I browse the site with every ad that a non premium member sees and have no where near close to this experience. Sounds like something on your end.