• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Absolute pitch singing

Gift2humanity

V.I.P Member
Hello, I have always loved singing, I never knew I had a talent.
In the 80's and 90's a couple of bosses commented "tuneful" when I sang and I thought no more of it.
It was only when I was foolish enough to amphetamines, I got the false confidence and learnt that singing was all about being unafraid to use the diaphragm as a musical instrument and was told by a work colleague (we were at my home listening to music) that I had perfect pitch and this really boosted my confidence.
I dropped the amphetamines and depression stops me singing, I sing occasionally, having a sing song now, this perfect or absolute pitch is an autism thing, Temple Grandin has it, Anyone else?

Hello, I have always loved singing, I never knew I had a talent.
In the 80's and 90's a couple of bosses commented "tuneful" when I sang and I thought no more of it.
It was only when I was foolish enough to amphetamines, I got the false confidence and learnt that singing was all about being unafraid to use the diaphragm as a musical instrument and was told by a work colleague (we were at my home listening to music) that I had perfect pitch and this really boosted my confidence.
I dropped the amphetamines and depression stops me singing, I sing occasionally, having a sing song now, this perfect or absolute pitch is an autism thing, Temple Grandin has it, Anyone else?
Can we hear you? I would love to hear you. My mom knew a lady with perfect pitch. It's really cool.

My spouse does, he's HFA. Although since his hearing loss, he has difficulty hearing it. He does not sing all that much, his perfect pitch was related to hearing and hitting the perfect notes on a musical instrument.

Can we hear you? I would love to hear you. My mom knew a lady with perfect pitch. It's really cool.
I suppose so, I don't know how though.
I am out of practice.
I don't know how I would send a recording, interesting though, yeah if you wanna hear me, don't expect too much though, a bit rusty but I dont mind.

I think I am a bit rusty to record online, I dont mind singing if anyone wants to friend me on Facebook and I will sing over the phone.

I suppose so, I don't know how though.
I am out of practice.
I don't know how I would send a recording, interesting though, yeah if you wanna hear me, don't expect too much though, a bit rusty but I dont mind.
I think @Raggamuffin found a way to post a recorded file. I know on the computer there is the Voice Recording and I have been able to make recordings there. And I think they upload like a pic. Maybe I will do some of the Iliad :) Maybe we need a Post Your Voice forum like we have Post Your Pic!

Great song, thanks for the memories. I am going to climb a mountain later today & sing that out to welcome the New Year & relieve some frustration! I'll put ear muffs on the dog ☺

New Threads

Top Bottom