• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A young wolf from Italy

Nielm

Hi everyone, I am from Italy and I am a young engineer of 23 years. I was diagnosed this year with High Functioning Autism and finally I explain many difficulties of my past, difficulties that my family has never understood or accepted and that now have a common matrix. I graduated last year despite my difficulty in maintaining concentration on issues that do not interest me 100%. This year has been very hard, and I am still working on the process of digest my diagnosis, which gave me a new point of view but which I still have to learn to manage better. I am currently enrolled in the M.Sc. and I'm also doing research at an institute dedicated to autism, analyzing signals and creating protocols to study attention in autistic subjects.
This was the year in which I lost my first love (as long as I know what it means to love), in which my best and only friend practically repudiated me after the diagnosis and the year in which I will try to convince my family that I am not a homicidal madman but that I simply find it difficult to understand the emotions and to regulate mine accordingly in an environment that judge and oppress my creativity and my neurodiversity.
I like playing, drawing, cooking, going around the woods, reading, doing yoga, running, and obviously reading everything and more. I live alone at the moment, far 1000km from my family in an house with other 2 students.
I am happy to have found this forum and I am keeping myself informed about how autism is experienced outside of my country, to have another point of view and to continuously improve myself and my way of adapting to external circumstances.

Thank you all for your attention,
a hug.

upload_2019-7-20_11-53-24.png

Hi & Welcome,
That is great you are working in autism research. So often it is only NT persons and they lack autistic experience/perception and are hampered (even if they don't realize it) by that.

welcome!-looking forward to seeing what you have to say in the future with all that know-how in your brain

(almost makes me feel insecure being the same age and having little to gloat about)

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi @Nielm :) It can be helpful to know why you have certain qualities and difficulties in your life. I just want to say that I am so sorry you lost your friend/love and that your family have difficulty in understanding. I hope (re family) that they will learn, change, accept. And you will be able to help them by the sounds of it.

despite my difficulty in maintaining concentration on issues that do not interest me 100%
That sounds familiar... :laughing:

Welcome to the forum!

Hi @Nielm :) It can be helpful to know why you have certain qualities and difficulties in your life. I just want to say that I am so sorry you lost your friend/love and that your family have difficulty in understanding. I hope (re family) that they will learn, change, accept. And you will be able to help them by the sounds of it.

That sounds familiar... :laughing:

Welcome to the forum!

My mood sometimes fluctuates uncontrollably, and sport is one of the few things that keeps it in check. This has not made the process of making new friends easier for me but lately I am improving.
I study on my own, and I often find myself in spirals of quite complex thoughts that many other people do not share or understand, but I am also learning to manage those.
Let's say I'm not a simple person, and many people don't like to struggle to be with someone like me.

New Threads

Top Bottom