• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A very peculiar interest in stones/crystals

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I've always found that crystals and different kinds of stones have sort of, called to me, i guess. Certain stones tend to have different effects on me, but i don't always know what until it happens. I've found my birthstone, Amethyst, to induce happines/excitement, for example.

Anyone else?

I had a friend who was really into that and made it a part time business making jewelry. Beautiful things. She also dabbled as a psychic and fortune teller, etc. But she admitted it was really just psychology and there was nothing magic about it. If stones and gems make you happy, I think its a great hobby. I just caution about being sucked into (strangely never provable) superstition.

I've always found that crystals and different kinds of stones have sort of, called to me, i guess. Certain stones tend to have different effects on me, but i don't always know what until it happens. I've found my birthstone, Amethyst, to induce happines/excitement, for example.

Anyone else?
no not in the slightest :sunglasses:but colour :cherryblossom::fourleaf::fish::mapleleaf::tropicalfish:does. not in a pagan way im a fundamentalist christian

I use to collect crystals,I still like them and my favourites are amethyst,moonstone,rose quartz and lapis lazuli,I also have a silver necklace with a large teardrop shaped rainbow moonstone.

I had a friend who was really into that and made it a part time business making jewelry. Beautiful things. She also dabbled as a psychic and fortune teller, etc. But she admitted it was really just psychology and there was nothing magic about it. If stones and gems make you happy, I think its a great hobby. I just caution about being sucked into (strangely never provable) superstition.

This might be flawed logic, but I like to think that there's a good use for psychics in this sense. Of course they need to use the facade of magic (which depends on what you define as magic, of course), and science has even shown that having a 'lucky charm' (or possibly crystal) in your pocket can motivate you to actually try harder than normal, thus technically increasing your luck via said magic.

It's almost as if magic could exist, if you squint your eyes hard enough and really believe ;)

This might be flawed logic, but I like to think that there's a good use for psychics in this sense. Of course they need to use the facade of magic (which depends on what you define as magic, of course), and science has even shown that having a 'lucky charm' (or possibly crystal) in your pocket can motivate you to actually try harder than normal, thus technically increasing your luck via said magic.

It's almost as if magic could exist, if you squint your eyes hard enough and really believe ;)

I agree it's nice once in a while to pretend there is something. But it's just an indulgence for me, a kind of day dreaming. Like on a particularly atmospheric walk in the woods I might imagine there really are wood sprites or some such and let my mind run with it. I'd shift my opinion if something new was revealed, but that sort of evidence in a scientific sense has always been lacking.

Are you saying wood sprites are not real? Don't say that so Huldra hears it, she won't be happy. ;)
Hulder - Wikipedia

cb1b154f79e58cd4db0bc06f5f9d757ee001acfc.jpg

No worries, I married one. She's my 'Get out of Underworld Free' card.

;)

New Threads

Top Bottom