• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A very interesting article in Cell.

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
Came across an article summarizing Phase III (Investigative New Drug) trials concerning MDMA (Ectasy) as an adjunct to therapy, especially for PTSD. From the article here is a summary of effects and benefits. I wonder if it opens up the possibility of new therapies for some of us?
Screenshot_20211114-164650_Drive.jpg

That is interesting. But I would love to find a way to do all of that without psychoactive drugs.
Honestly, these kind of drugs scare me. I already struggle with understanding the world and how to think within in that world. I would always mistrust my experiences if they were influenced by drugs. I feel srongly enough about this that I only took Ibuprophen post op ceserean section and when I broke my leg. Even if the drugs "cured" that too I think I would still decline.

Perhaps, if someing entirely new came from the research...maybe! Never say never!

Unfortunately we as societies have been so paranoid, about psychoactive compounds, criminalizing many of them. that very little research has been done. Primitive tribes in many cases know more than many of our scientists.

Since I don't do well with Dissociatives, I'm all for trying MDMA therapy! I can't take SSRI's so anything that helps at this point to help me break my walls down and actually TRUST people is awesome! I'd only use such a substance under clinical supervision, but I'm totally game to try it!

I've tried every type of antidepressant and a few benzos.
None of the antidepressants helped. They only made me feel worse from the side affects.
I don't like to take drugs of any kind unless I really have to.
I've had cataract surgery, liver biopsy and cardiac cath all done with no sedation.
That's how bad I dislike anesthesia.

I know many people who have used psycoactive type drugs and been fine. Not for me.

If a person, say someone with ASD like myself, who naturally lacks a good understanding of social interaction takes this MDMA, & is suddenly trusting and open, woildn’t that add to their vulnerability?
It doesn’t say anything about increasing discernment.

This article is about psilocybin and treating depression.
@Gerald Wilgus, I hope you don't mind. This article seems relevant.

Psilocybin therapy boosts cognitive and neural flexibility in depressed patients, study finds
Thank you for the citation, I do not mind any information as I intend to make progress with my depression, negativity, schizotypicality, and PTSD and am willing to try medication as an adjunct to therapy, not as a crutch. In another week I start with a therapist specializing in PTSD, and will be discussing with my primary care physician drugs that can assist with my therapy. I am motivated to have a decent life with those I love.

If a person, say someone with ASD like myself, who naturally lacks a good understanding of social interaction takes this MDMA, & is suddenly trusting and open, woildn’t that add to their vulnerability?
It doesn’t say anything about increasing discernment.
A good concern. It makes me wonder if that trust is situational or generalized. It depends on how it was scored.

I've never taken MDMA so I don't have an opinion on the subject. While there could be some legitimate therapeutic benefits to the new "microdosing" craze of LSD and Psilocybin it's one sided and foolish in my opinion to not be skeptical. I think the advancement of research on that kind of subject is actually hindered by people who don't admit and even scoff at the fact that it's an excuse for at least people to get high.

Marijuana for example. What if "microdosing" was taking a periodic hit from a "one hitter", "bat", etc every few hours? Not enough to get really baked, but the fact of the matter is, the person would be mildly/barely high all day.

Winston Churchill would pour a small amount of whisky in a glass and fill the rest of the glass up with water during his workdays. He'd basically be "microdosing" alcohol. Even though he wasn't having shot after shot...he was drinking all day.

I've never taken MDMA so I don't have an opinion on the subject. While there could be some legitimate therapeutic benefits to the new "microdosing" craze of LSD and Psilocybin it's one sided and foolish in my opinion to not be skeptical. I think the advancement of research on that kind of subject is actually hindered by people who don't admit and even scoff at the fact that it's an excuse for at least people to get high.

Marijuana for example. What if "microdosing" was taking a periodic hit from a "one hitter", "bat", etc every few hours? Not enough to get really baked, but the fact of the matter is, the person would be mildly/barely high all day.

Winston Churchill would pour a small amount of whisky in a glass and fill the rest of the glass up with water during his workdays. He'd basically be "microdosing" alcohol. Even though he wasn't having shot after shot...he was drinking all day.

It is very well known that placebo effect can be very effective. So it may not be relavant if micro dosing is scientifically verfied to be effective or not.

All the drugs I was told were dangerous, addictive and could kill you when I was a kid are suddenly supposed to cure you of mental illness. I find that to be more frightening than anything Stephen King ever wrote. I'm probably the only person who does and I really am strange. And I'd rather not trust people when the majority of them are so untrustworthy.

All the drugs I was told were dangerous, addictive and could kill you when I was a kid are suddenly supposed to cure you of mental illness. I find that to be more frightening than anything Stephen King ever wrote. I'm probably the only person who does and I really am strange. And I'd rather not trust people when the majority of them are so untrustworthy.
Adults, the Puritans of the time, were always exaggerating about psychotropics, but there are still such nasties out there, e.g. Fentanyl. And that ended up suppressing good investigations into their biochemistry and phamacologic activity.

New Threads

Top Bottom