• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A tribute to Justin and a question

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
“Thank you for the memories Justin I miss you despite the fact you were and I autism speaks bear where it didn’t matter to me. You were the softest bear and build a bear workshops Store that day. And they could not resist your light blue fur. Thank you for all the happiness you gave me and I hope wherever you are now you’re doing OK and remember always be with you in spirit.”

Is it possible to be depressed and cry over your teddy bear being lost or gone?

I am not in a state of depression however I do sometimes cry about Justin being gone.

And that I miss him so much Love him. And I wish I had him back so bad.

I wonder how to move on from him?

On the bright side I am still doing better as I said and I am no way manic or mentally ill at least for me.

Reading this made me teary, and I still have my teddy in my room , the one that I have since I'm a kid and I even sleep with him sometimes when I'm more stressed.

I think we miss more the moment than we miss the thing if it makes any sence, Try to find the same comfort around you, buy another teddy if you want too. You can still pretend you buy it for someone else in the shop( without syaing it, people will assume you buy it for a kid)

I think it's totally ok to have feelings for a Teddy/Stuffy. To you he was a personified person and friend, ala Winnie the Pooh I'm sure. :)

Perhaps you can find a new stuffy that you like and imagine that he's a Mutual Friend of his and now this new Personified Stuffy Person wants to be your Friend too? (if that makes sense)

I still have my stuffy now thread-bare puppy dog (with secret pocket inside for my PJs) from childhood. And I'm old, soon to be on Medicare LOL! He lives on a shelf in my closet where I occasionally pet his head. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

Can you go to one of those bear shops and make another one - a new one that you can love - like Isadoorian suggested?

Justin was in a way being lost in translation One minute I was fine going somewhere the next minute I was in the hospital in my eyes however that was four mouths after.
We were in a way displaced at the hospital.

I can’t really talk about it now but that’s what I can say for now if I do talk about it later .

As for finding a new friend I did in the form of a bear I got to Blydale Children’s Hospital in the Christmas partyhis name is Darren

For those of you who have known me a long time that was the hospital I went to in 2015 children’s special needs rehabilitation.

528603A2-1C45-4269-A5E4-C6FB786E2802_zpsiem4bh9f.jpeg
76DB83E1-E3F3-4F10-B238-3CF16431A248_zpsrxcnezrk.jpeg

Yes
And we will watch anymore movies and go on many adventures.:blush:

At least I hope I can take him out now without my people think I’m crazy though:yum:

He's something that gives you comfort and that's ok; no different from someone who brings a stress ball with them or a small child who needs to have their favourite blankie with them at all times ala Linus from the Peanuts comic world; I know I had a favourite blankie when I was younger but I eventually had to let go of it because of how worn down it got; had a nice pastel or chalky colour to it... it was white, pink and yellow, maybe some blue?

New Threads

Top Bottom