• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A strange interest in the 1940's-1950's.......

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I'm beginning to have a strange interest in things from the Golden Age of time if you know what i'm talking about. Namely, cartoons. And strangely, as i've taken on the hobby of character creation, i've also wanted to create a series of 40's and 50's style characters...

Does anybody else feel this way sometimes?

I love history! I'm a collector of vintage photography, any photos older than the 1970's, I love just looking at the old photos, imagining the stories those photos could tell... And I wasn't born until 1972!

Last edited:
Ngrhhh......... Remembering...uncle's influence....to learn history.....AHHH SCREW IT I'M A HISTORY MAN MOW!

...Excuse me while i go take my medication.

I'm beginning to have a strange interest in things from the Golden Age of time if you know what i'm talking about. Namely, cartoons. And strangely, as i've taken on the hobby of character creation, i've also wanted to create a series of 40's and 50's style characters...

Does anybody else feel this way sometimes?
i like all animation before the 1940s liked the old scooby doo 1970s.
got a picture on my phone of snow white cant download it

I love the 1950s style of American things, cars, diners, adverts etc. Also interested in 70s and 80s stuff.

I love reading about this sub-culture of people who like to live the retro life. There's a cool documentary and article about such people in England called "Time Warp Wives". I randomly have fun listening to a German woman who has a youtube channel where she discusses living the retro life, her name is Lily Jarlsson. I just find her voice very soothing, and she's also mesmerizing to look at, so lovely in a very old fashioned way.

Anyway, I'm not sure I do know what "Golden Age" refers to, but I do know that apparently the children's book illustrations that i love come from the "Golden Age of Illustrations". I like retro things in general, I think they're cool and have character.

Yet without truly "bygone eras" there would be no "classics" of any kind. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom