• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A strange idea for a video game

Turbocks

Yesterday I started thinking of an idea and concept for a strange video game that I might release on pc then other platforms.

What I had in mind is a rail shooter type of game like panorama cotton or space harrier that mixes elements from other game series like Fantasy zone or even the japanese game series called Cho aniki.

This game will star two very old and muscular scantily clad lesbian witches as the main characters serving God with the goal of destroying this games version of Satan who's main goal is to overthrow god and abort god and take place as the new ruler of the heavens..

God will be depicted as a giant one eyed fetus in a giant jar filled with liquid that keeps it alive hence the desire of satan to abort it.

That version of Satan is a giant sentient planet that threathens the universe by eating planets and solar systems and enslaving entire populations to turn them into his minions.

The sentient planet might have a way to transform itself into a human like being similair to Galactus from the marvel universe who does the same thing which is eating planets.

I am also thinking of including creatures from nordic mythology as enemies and bosses such as Näcken also known as the nyck.

This is an entity that resembles a naked violin playing man usually seen by rivers at night with the goal of drowning whoever comes too close.

Gameplay could consist of going through levels shooting enemies and obstacles with a boss at the end of the level where you have to beat it to save one of the captured angels to progress.

Having multiple endings in the game along with different secrets such as secret stages could also add to the replay value.

Features in this game that I thought of include a shop that you can enter like in the fantasy zone games to either sell or buy that appears randomly in levels and you have to be quick to not miss it.

I also had the idea of the player having to collect diamonds in order of red to purple to power up a special attack that can then be used by pressing a button when ready.

That special attack might consist of breast milk beams being fired from the nipples of the witches.

I am thinking of learning some programming and to possibly use a game engine like unity when creating the game.

What do you think about this video game idea and is it good or bad?

Last edited:
l think it's off the wall cool. The Satan character can morp into different forms maybe with flying army of creatures that are deadly.

It sounds fitting for something that would A: come out of the Japanese side of the industry, and B: come out during the 90s. I'll put it this way: Cho Aniki wasnt the height of weirdness, and all of the design elements you mention there (except MAYBE the lesbian witches.... maybe) are things I've already seen in just the shmup genre alone. In other words, it's a perfectly workable idea. Games with that level of sheer bizarrity can do just fine.

Sadly, major developers dont make stuff like that anymore. Hyper-weird stuff doesnt "focus test" very well (ugh), big corporations dont like that. The devs that made games like Fantasy Zone are long gone. It's the small indie devs that get to be ultra-bizarre now. So I say, go out there and make something super strange. Just dont expect it to be easy. Development is very, very hard. Learned that one myself the hard way.

Good luck to ya.

The characters seem like a mish mash rehash to me,
only very loosely tied together by a plot element.

I would find it difficult to feel motivated to play this game.

This concept sounds like a religious video game that came out in the late 90s. The player could play either as an angel in Heaven or as a demon. The idea apparently was that you would play out the battle that takes place in Heaven in one of the books of the Bible (was it Revelation?) where Satan is thrown out of Heaven.

The freeware version let you play as an angel. Your weapon was a slingshot. You had to buy the game to play as a demon.

Needless to say the game wasn’t that great. Like most conservative western religious attempts at pop culture, it was super corny, filled with badly acted dialog (a guy said “Behold the lion of Judah” and it sounded like he was talking into a cheap 30 dollar microphone), and so tame as to be laughable.

Your idea however, sounds more intriguing. I’ve no experience with 3D graphics but maybe there are some people you could find to work with. Have you coded a game? From my own sadly limited experience, I do agree with @Misery that game development is hard. I’ve only developed engines in Java years ago and those were difficult.

Still though I’m always looking for a game to try writing for a hobby project / indie game someday....

Aye, religious games tended to be pretty bad. But that was sort of the same curse as licensed games. They were never about the gameplay, but instead about... everything else. And usually rushed.

Now there are some games that will use concepts taken from various religions, or characters modeled after them. Some are very direct in their depiction, others are super-bizarre. Good example of one of the weird ones:

Now, I'm not entirely sure what the story of the game is. This game was on the PS2, and is quite rare at this point. The SMT series though, as a whole, uses *alot* of "religious" characters in various ways. That one in the video seems to be... "God", or a similar entity, it's not entirely clear to me. Satan & Lucifer (2 seperate entities in this depiction) make very direct appearances in the series, though often not in the roles you'd expect of them (I'm pretty sure that in certain games in the series, you can get one or both to actually join you). Many such characters show up, often with their roles a bit warped from what is traditional. Overall it's a very creative and bloody weird series. Also super difficult.

But anyway, that's just an example of how concepts like this can be done right. Though the SMT series itself isnt what it used to be... it's been reduced to just the Persona games now. Too bad, really.

This concept sounds like a religious video game that came out in the late 90s. The player could play either as an angel in Heaven or as a demon. The idea apparently was that you would play out the battle that takes place in Heaven in one of the books of the Bible (was it Revelation?) where Satan is thrown out of Heaven.

The freeware version let you play as an angel. Your weapon was a slingshot. You had to buy the game to play as a demon.

Needless to say the game wasn’t that great. Like most conservative western religious attempts at pop culture, it was super corny, filled with badly acted dialog (a guy said “Behold the lion of Judah” and it sounded like he was talking into a cheap 30 dollar microphone), and so tame as to be laughable.

Your idea however, sounds more intriguing. I’ve no experience with 3D graphics but maybe there are some people you could find to work with. Have you coded a game? From my own sadly limited experience, I do agree with @Misery that game development is hard. I’ve only developed engines in Java years ago and those were difficult.

Still though I’m always looking for a game to try writing for a hobby project / indie game someday....

I have never really tried making a game before but I have programmed some simple programs in languages like c++ and python.

New Threads

Top Bottom