• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A story idea I had for my first sfm short

Turbocks

So I always wanted to get into the world of sfm animation although the bugs and glitches in sfm is not something I am looking forward to as seen through Lazy purple's sfm video and I figured i need a general idea of things like the story, characters and I also need to learn how to use sfm .

I want to create a drama sfm short of a 4-6 minutes with characters from the tf2 universe including ones featured exclusively in the tf2 comics and it will have no dialogue whatsoever only relying on what's shown on screen to tell the story and to develop the characters so I have to write my script in a dialogue less manner.

The story idea is not terribly complex as this is my first attempt at doing this.

This story will feature Dell Conagher(The engineer)and Marianne Hale now his adoptive daughter living in his ranch in the middle of Nowhere in West of Dallas Texas because Saxton Hale her father died after Gray Mann caused his death in a plane bombing over Barbados on a flight to Cuba to take over Mann Co and Dell lost his job as did the rest of the team because of it.

Where I want the conflict to be is that one day she catches Pneumonia and becomes fatally ill and Dell tries to cure her by using one of his machines and how he struggles to keep her alive.

I have both Garrys mod ,Blender ,and Vegas Pro installed on my PC so I should have a lot of artistic freedom in terms of how I want to do things like for example custom models if I need to make those and I also have Krita + a Wacom S drawing tablet for good measure if I need to draw anything for any reason such as storyboarding even if I am not that good at it.

What do you think of this story idea?

*edit* I have now started working on my script

Last edited:
I can't read Swedish but it sounds like you have a good conflict going. One thing to note though, Dallas Texas is a sprawling metropolitan city. There is no "middle of nowhere" in Dallas. West of Dallas though is rough scrub country, hot, dry and perfectly suited as "the middle of nowhere".

I can't read Swedish but it sounds like you have a good conflict going. One thing to note though, Dallas Texas is a sprawling metropolitan city. There is no "middle of nowhere" in Dallas. West of Dallas though is rough scrub country, hot, dry and perfectly suited as "the middle of nowhere".
yeah thanks for notifying me about it and I changed it accordingly and a few other things I realised I had to change after adding things to the script. That plane bombing is actually based on a real life plane bombing that happened in 1976 over Barbados on a plane that was travelling to Cuba that was planned by the CIA and executed by anti Castro CIA agents and TF2 takes places during the late 60's to the 70's so it would fit the decade tf2 takes's place in.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom