• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A re-introduction of sorts

corrinnemcmahon

Hi gang. My name is Corrinne but most people call me Cory. I am 28 years old and I am originally from England but I live in California, US, with my husband. I do not have a "formal" diagnosis of Aspergers as of yet but I do have professional opinion after a long period of observation (from my psychologist.)Plus as I have aged, "symptoms" have become much more obvious. I also have a diagnosis of obsessive compulsive disorder which I have been battling with since around age 7. I have not been in therapy for a while now and I have noticed things have steadily been going down hill. My functioning level is very low and my compulsive behaviors very high. I struggle in all of my relationships greatly, I believe because of my Aspergers. My family try to understand, but it's complex and I'm not always great at explaining. I find friendship face to face difficult a lot of the time but also have pangs of loneliness so I thought I would come back to theses forums because everyone was so nice before :)

I enjoy music, reading, crocheting, coding, journaling, movies, coffee!

welcome shalom i say shalom as Hebrew seems to have more meaning than English in the past few years
im not a speaker of Hebrew
what part of England did you live in im from the northeast

hi corrinne, welcome back to AC! a lot of people have moved on but youll find almost all people here are friendly and worth speaking to.

you say you like journaling, do you have a blog?

Hello Corrinne and welcome (back)!

(Had to edit this after I noticed I left out an N in your name)

Last edited:
welcome shalom i say shalom as Hebrew seems to have more meaning than English in the past few years
im not a speaker of Hebrew
what part of England did you live in im from the northeast
Hey Streetwise! Well I was born in Essex but moved to Newcastle upon Tyne when I was 16. Escaping a very dysfunctional family lol.

hi corrinne, welcome back to AC! a lot of people have moved on but youll find almost all people here are friendly and worth speaking to.

you say you like journaling, do you have a blog?
Hi toothless :) I don't have a blog but have definitely thought about starting one!

Hi,

I never know what to say on welcome threads. Just like sitting in front of a colleagues birthday card, full of "wit" from all your other colleagues, but now your minds empty and your s tarting to sweat.

I used to just copy other comments, so;

Welcome back :)

Hi,

I never know what to say on welcome threads. Just like sitting in front of a colleagues birthday card, full of "wit" from all your other colleagues, but now your minds empty and your s tarting to sweat.

Welcome back :)

Hi,

Thank you for the welcome :)

What part are you from?

Yer I know Great Dunmow, I've done some work there before, very dependent on the A120 road to get out to other major towns (not that you know or probably care about that :rolleyes:). I'm from Billericay (a town next to chelmsford and the town that helped to seed America via the mayflower ship)

New Threads

Top Bottom