• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A question about internet speeds on gigabytes.

Wolfnox

V.I.P Member
So i been trying to figure out what internet gigabytes to get each month. If i were to get the internet where i live one day. Ive done plenty of research. But very little helped me understand what kind of gigabytes to get each month. Especially with programs running things without asking me. Ive looked into Viasat and Hughsnet. But there seemed to be a lot of disagreeable problems with them. At present their my only options. Appreciate advice and tips.

So if your talking about download limits I think you can get programs that will keep watch of the data your using so you can get a plan to match or exceed what your using. I hope I’m not more confusing.

I don’t know about any other type of smart phone besides iPhone but they have a setting that watches the data already and if you reset it to zero then use it a month you can gauge how much data your using.

Are you considering DSL or a broadband connection?

"Digital Subscriber Line." DSL is a communications medium used to transfer digital signals over standard telephone lines.
The term broadband commonly refers to high-speed Internet access that is always on and faster than the traditional dial-up access.

Average monthly broadband usage in U.S. homes is 190 gigabytes per month, according to a report from iGR Research. More than 95% of this traffic is video, researchers said.

DSL offers users a choice of speeds ranging from 128 Kbps to 3 Mbps. Kbps stands for "kilobits per second," while Mbps stands for "megabits per second." Because one megabit is equal to 1,000 kilobits, 1 Mbps is 1000 times faster than 1 Kbps.

Broadband speed is measured in megabits per second (Mbps), and the higher the number of megabits you are able to download per second, the faster the connection. For instance, many broadband packages will offer speeds of up to 38Mbps*, with 76Mbps seen on some superfast fibre deals.

I don't know what kind of connection you are talking about.
If you have something now, you can monitor individual data usage of android apps, or use some programs on windows for that.

Im thinking about getting a laptop eventually and rubbing internet on it. Haven't decided what to use the internet for on it. Hence the difficulty with internet plans.

New Threads

Top Bottom