• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A job

Take it easy on yourself.
Try to be kind to yourself.

Mentally beating yourself up won't change any outcomes or resolve the situation.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is my favourite.

I've very recently applied for work that I had never even considered before now.
It might work for me, it might not.
I won't know until I've tried it.

If you can type fast you could try getting a job in data entry.
You can do it from home and there is normally very little actual conversation.
It's mostly email communication.
Although you also have to be able to motivate yourself.

So, I have lost a job again.

I don't have strength to look for another one.

Any advice?

Fridgeman would ask if you can Juggle??? I think you know what he is doing when he does this...

I will help that a little more ( I hope) - I hopes this make you smile and changes the channel in your head.

If you can type fast you could try getting a job in data entry. You can do it from home and there is normally very little actual conversation. It's mostly email communication. Although you also have to be able to motivate yourself.

Data entry? Care to elaborate?

Take it easy on yourself.
Try to be kind to yourself.

Mentally beating yourself up won't change any outcomes or resolve the situation.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is my favourite.

I've very recently applied for work that I had never even considered before now. It might work for me, it might not.
I won't know until I've tried it.

Fridgeman would ask if you can Juggle??? I think you know what he is doing when he does this...

I will help that a little more ( I hope) - I hopes this make you smile and changes the channel in your head.

Thanks, @Gracey ,@Chance .

Any advice?

What would be your dream job? Being serious this time... : )

What's your passion? What moves you deep inside?
You don't have to answer me... or anyone... ANSWER yourself and then point your thoughts in that direction.
Knowing nothing you really want is easy... but that makes it a journey to your true happiness. Just never give up on yourself. : )

I've lost count of the number of times I've given up.

Cross of your diary until next Sunday. Allow yourself the time to grieve and just stop. Write 'being hopeless' in the days.

There is a great freedom when something is finished, done, over. In allowing yourself to do and be nothing.

Over the week, in your darkness, you may see a chink of light. Wait til i gets nearer.

Don't rush, be hopeless for a time. My favorite time is when I am hopeless, as I can just stop. For a time.

Can you juggle? (I'm supposed to say that,@Chance)

Nearer next Sunday : nana korobi ya oki. Seven times down eight times up.
Meaning it doesn't matter how often you fail,as long as you get up one more time than you fail.
Reference :George Kennedy besting up Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke

Appen.com

What would be your dream job? Being serious this time... : )

Whats your passion? What moves you deep inside?
You don't have to answer me... or anyone... ANSWER yourself and then point your thoughts in that direction.
Knowing nothing you really want is easy... but that makes it a journey to your true happiness. Just never give up on yourself. : )

Well, at the time I'm in the proccess of getting an education for my 'dream job'. I need a job to sustain myself during a few more years.

I've lost count of the number of times I've given up.

Cross of your dairy until next sunday. Allow yourself the time to grieve and just stop. Write 'being hopeless' in the days.

There is a great freedom when something is finished,done, over. In allowing yourself to do and be nothing.

Over the week,in your darkness, you may see a chink of light. Wait til i gets nearer.

Don't rush, be hopeless for a time. My favorite time is when i am hopeless, as i can just stop. For a time.

Can you juggle? (Im supposed to say that,@Chance)

Nearer next sunday : nana korobi ya oki. Seven times down eight times up.
Meaning it doesn't matter how often you fail,as long as you get up onre more time than you fail.
Reference :george kennedy besting up Paul Newman in cool hand luke

Appen.com

Philosophical today, @Fridgemagnetman ?

Well, at the time I'm in the proccess of getting an education for my 'dream job'. I need a job to sustain myself during a few more years.

Well then it already sounds like your headed in the right direction and just hit a small bump in the road...
I'm gonna be looking for a job if I don't go now... : ) later everyone : )

My advice is to look to yourself for internal motivation and avoid looking to the rest of the world for external motivation. It's the carrot and the stick; you're going to be more happy and more successful if you want it for yourself rather than the world making you do it or else.

Losing a job is always hard, and I'm sorry you had to go through that, but don't let yourself get dragged down into the slums of the city called Cantville. Lick your wounds, get back up, and get back in the fight. You can do it.

I'm sorry to hear that :-(

I think you should build your energy back up with all the special interest time and stims you need! If you want more advice on hanging onto jobs, maybe you can tell us what happened?

I kept burning out and having so many problems at work. Now I finally landed my last chance at a good job, and I am trying to figure out how to not burn out or lose it. There are several books that I have found really helpful - I can list those if you'd like. Also, I totally changed the type of job I was looking for so that it would best accommodate my weaknesses.

data entry is taking real-world information and converting it to digital information. here is a link with better information on how to get into it.

I would recommend drinking lots of water, exercise, and maybe stretching and/or yoga could help.
Talking and spending time with encouraging friends if feasible can help too.

I'm sorry to hear that :-(

I think you should build your energy back up with all the special interest time and stims you need! If you want more advice on hanging onto jobs, maybe you can tell us what happened?

I kept burning out and having so many problems at work. Now I finally landed my last chance at a good job, and I am trying to figure out how to not burn out or lose it. There are several books that I have found really helpful - I can list those if you'd like. Also, I totally changed the type of job I was looking for so that it would best accommodate my weaknesses.

If you could pass some titles, I'd be grateful.

I had problems with getting a job before, so I would take any that was possible, mostly in physical or catering services. Bad for me, yeah, but can't find anything else with my qualifications. After some time I found that job, a really good one, less pressure, nice pay.

I think that the reasons most of all were misunderstandings in communication on both sides between me and my employer. My not being able to work at all times and calls due to my ongoing education. Some politics and nepotism. I tend to be surprisingly good with customer service when I'm not overhelmed but there must have been something that didn't work out. I suspected it seeing last two weeks with no shifts for me but still. I hate it when 0 hrs contract employers terminate them suddenly without any notice and everything according the law.

Just feeling tired, really. I should focus on my course, not on this crap.

Any advice?

well...... darn. thats very bad.

if you don't immediately need a new job for money, then you can take a break, for a short time, and take your time applying for new jobs, and relaxing around. :)

1. Asperger's on the Job - Rudy Simone
    1. This one is very affirming and helpful
  2. The Hidden Curriculum of Getting and Keeping a Job - Myles, Kendow, and Mayfield
    1. This one is very concise and practical
  3. Asperger's Syndrome Workplace Survival Guide - Barbara Bissonnette
    1. This one is by an NT. It may seem overwhelming, it doesn't acknowledge as much how much stress trying to fit into an NT world can be, causing burn out in us. But it is still very useful - I'm just going to be aware of the info and do my best, keeping in mind that I am not an NT.
  4. Asperger Syndrome and Employment - Sarah Hendricks
    1. haven't started this one yet, but there are many quotes from Aspies about work experiences.
I used to think I'd be best at a computer all day, my own office ideally (ha!) but at least a cubicle because it would limit social interaction - I'd just be chained to desk work, paperwork, databases, etc. Turns out I was wrong! Because there is so much exposure to and interaction with co-workers, and how I come across really matters - I can't keep up the "act" full time. So now, I am going to be more engaged with the public, with down time alone in my car between appointments. That gives me unwind time. I am better at the initial pleasantries with people - so that's fine with the public. They'll never know that as they spend more time with me I don't go any deeper than that socially in terms of conversational skills with them. My co-workers won't get the chance to realize this about me since I am not in the office enough.

New Threads

Top Bottom