• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A dream story

Misery

Amalga Heart
V.I.P Member
Okay, so today I’m going to tell you of a dream I had, one of the ones that didnt fade.

And yes, my dreams are always this strange.

So, let’s just go:

I stand on a strange world, a world that makes no sense… instead of Earth, it’s more an idea of it, a concept. It is small, very small… a 5 minute walk could take you entirely around it. Yet it has the same gravity. It, and everything on it, has an odd, fuzzy glow to it.

But the strongest glow isnt coming from any of the few trees or grass blades, but instead from the girl standing next to me. Her body, her clothes, everything about her is a radiant gold light. She has no eyes, just blank space where they should be, yet you can tell where she’s looking anyway. She can speak, yet never does… I know this somehow. She is, for some reason, my companion during this task that we need to accomplish.

Though this planet-concept we’re on has full gravity, we have no trouble disengaging from it and flying away from it, into the starry void. Our goal is up there, some distance from that world. Something floats there… it appears to be… a house?

I know this place somehow. We both do. Though it is not spoken of, we both know it as the All House. It looks so… average, despite being in space. Something you’d see in a normal suburb. But this is no average building. Where the All House stands, reality folds. Even without seeing inside of it, you know that space is bent inside… there is more contained than there should be. This place is… important. We need to get in.

But we aren’t the first ones there. We halt our progress, floating some distance away from the house, as something appears from behind it.

It is… a vehicle. Like a comical old-timey convertible, with enormous spoked wheels and no cover. It seems to be made of some sort of ceramic, and is colored a bright white and purple, in a spiraling candy cane sort of pattern that covers every part of it.

But the car itself isnt the main focus. What truly draws the eye is its driver.

It seems to be a mannequin, but not quite like the ones you see in a store. It’s head is entirely featureless… no face, no eyes, no hair, nothing. It is shaped like one of those wooden art dolls… the ones that can be posed to assist in drawing figures. It appears to be made of the same ceramic as the contraption it sits in. It is dressed in a strange, jaunty outfit, with the same purple and white candy-cane colors as the car, and an equally jaunty hat.

But that jauntiness doesn’t extend to the mannequin itself. While it lacks a threatening or scary appearance, one look at it is all you need to know that it is utterly malevolent. Terribly powerful, it seems like it cannot be stopped. What exactly it is doing here, in this place, is unknown.

The car moves slowly at first, curving around the side of the house. But soon it speeds up, and as it does so, the hubs on the wheels begin to… extend, until they each resemble something more like a jousting lance. The same color as everything else about that car, they begin to spin wildly. It is clear that anything they touch will be annihilated.

The driver of nightmares accelerates the thing towards us, beginning his attack run. He comes faster and faster, and no matter how we move, he still has a bead on us. Somehow, we manage to dodge his rush at the last second, and he keeps going, momentum carrying him on, as he curves the car behind the house.

We try to rush towards the door, knowing that we need to get in. We MUST get in. It is important to get in. But it wont open. It can’t, not yet.

And then we hear the noise. The car, driven still by that terrible entity, comes around from the side of the building, zooming out into the distance a bit, and starting to turn towards us.

But it’s different now. While it still retains its jaunty colors, it now radiates a sort of elemental despair that seems to subtly twist space around it, and the lance-things on the wheels have somehow gotten even worse.

We realize, suddenly: that first attack run, really wasnt. The Mannequin was just toying with us, having a bit of fun. It LET us dodge, to watch our panic.

But not now. The time for fun was over, and now it was dead serious. There would be no fight; a single monstrous strike would surely finish us.

It speeds up, drastically, all in the space of less than a second. In no time, it is upon us, and then, seemingly a mere foot away…

Aaaaaaaand that’s where the dream ended.

As with most of the “stronger” dreams I have, there were none of those odd “jump cuts” common in dreams; just one long sequence.

As a rule, I have surreal, vibrant dreams every single time I sleep. But what made this one a rarity was that the memory of it did not crumble afterwards… none of the details are missing.

That’s just one dream, there are others, though they tend to be harder to explain. Oddly, the dreams have lately gotten more vibrant and intense than before, though they vary wildly in content. All are incredibly surreal though. But that vibrant intensity persists through all of them.

And there, that’s my weird whatever it was. I hope that was an entertaining read.

Most of my dreams are not surreal.
They are literally, down to Earth. Everyday world stuff.

The odd thing with mine is how they are continously long.
Usually no place I recognise. Only occasionally people I recognise,
and I remember them in detail.

You mentioned vibrant.
That is something I was thinking about not long ago.
How can a dream be so clear and vibrant? More so than with the physical eyes?
More so than a thought in your mind of something you think of seeing?
They are like those super sharp, brillantly coloured TVs that have pictures more colourful than life.

It is a mystery.

Okay, so today I’m going to tell you of a dream I had, one of the ones that didnt fade.

And yes, my dreams are always this strange.

So, let’s just go:

I stand on a strange world, a world that makes no sense… instead of Earth, it’s more an idea of it, a concept. It is small, very small… a 5 minute walk could take you entirely around it. Yet it has the same gravity. It, and everything on it, has an odd, fuzzy glow to it.

But the strongest glow isnt coming from any of the few trees or grass blades, but instead from the girl standing next to me. Her body, her clothes, everything about her is a radiant gold light. She has no eyes, just blank space where they should be, yet you can tell where she’s looking anyway. She can speak, yet never does… I know this somehow. She is, for some reason, my companion during this task that we need to accomplish.

Though this planet-concept we’re on has full gravity, we have no trouble disengaging from it and flying away from it, into the starry void. Our goal is up there, some distance from that world. Something floats there… it appears to be… a house?

I know this place somehow. We both do. Though it is not spoken of, we both know it as the All House. It looks so… average, despite being in space. Something you’d see in a normal suburb. But this is no average building. Where the All House stands, reality folds. Even without seeing inside of it, you know that space is bent inside… there is more contained than there should be. This place is… important. We need to get in.

But we aren’t the first ones there. We halt our progress, floating some distance away from the house, as something appears from behind it.

It is… a vehicle. Like a comical old-timey convertible, with enormous spoked wheels and no cover. It seems to be made of some sort of ceramic, and is colored a bright white and purple, in a spiraling candy cane sort of pattern that covers every part of it.

But the car itself isnt the main focus. What truly draws the eye is its driver.

It seems to be a mannequin, but not quite like the ones you see in a store. It’s head is entirely featureless… no face, no eyes, no hair, nothing. It is shaped like one of those wooden art dolls… the ones that can be posed to assist in drawing figures. It appears to be made of the same ceramic as the contraption it sits in. It is dressed in a strange, jaunty outfit, with the same purple and white candy-cane colors as the car, and an equally jaunty hat.

But that jauntiness doesn’t extend to the mannequin itself. While it lacks a threatening or scary appearance, one look at it is all you need to know that it is utterly malevolent. Terribly powerful, it seems like it cannot be stopped. What exactly it is doing here, in this place, is unknown.

The car moves slowly at first, curving around the side of the house. But soon it speeds up, and as it does so, the hubs on the wheels begin to… extend, until they each resemble something more like a jousting lance. The same color as everything else about that car, they begin to spin wildly. It is clear that anything they touch will be annihilated.

The driver of nightmares accelerates the thing towards us, beginning his attack run. He comes faster and faster, and no matter how we move, he still has a bead on us. Somehow, we manage to dodge his rush at the last second, and he keeps going, momentum carrying him on, as he curves the car behind the house.

We try to rush towards the door, knowing that we need to get in. We MUST get in. It is important to get in. But it wont open. It can’t, not yet.

And then we hear the noise. The car, driven still by that terrible entity, comes around from the side of the building, zooming out into the distance a bit, and starting to turn towards us.

But it’s different now. While it still retains its jaunty colors, it now radiates a sort of elemental despair that seems to subtly twist space around it, and the lance-things on the wheels have somehow gotten even worse.

We realize, suddenly: that first attack run, really wasnt. The Mannequin was just toying with us, having a bit of fun. It LET us dodge, to watch our panic.

But not now. The time for fun was over, and now it was dead serious. There would be no fight; a single monstrous strike would surely finish us.

It speeds up, drastically, all in the space of less than a second. In no time, it is upon us, and then, seemingly a mere foot away…

Aaaaaaaand that’s where the dream ended.

As with most of the “stronger” dreams I have, there were none of those odd “jump cuts” common in dreams; just one long sequence.

As a rule, I have surreal, vibrant dreams every single time I sleep. But what made this one a rarity was that the memory of it did not crumble afterwards… none of the details are missing.

That’s just one dream, there are others, though they tend to be harder to explain. Oddly, the dreams have lately gotten more vibrant and intense than before, though they vary wildly in content. All are incredibly surreal though. But that vibrant intensity persists through all of them.

And there, that’s my weird whatever it was. I hope that was an entertaining read.

Sounds like Twin Peaks.

My dreams range from weird to nightmare.

Last night’s was just weird. I was in a cafe attached to a shopping area. The food came with free samples of yogurt inside little foil packets. The server insisted I eat them and then fill out a survey, but I refused. They encouraged me to buy some new shoes.

The tuna fish sandwich then stood up, and small black numbers began flashing on it as though on a screen. From 1 to 27 and back, while flipping upside down and sideways. I complimented the cook on the unusual sandwich. She said I could turn the numbers off & eat the sandwich.

Another couple of persons came and insisted I fill out another form which required me to subscribe to various memberships I had no interest in.

They got into a vehicle and drove away at that point. I watched them from the screen of a tablet that had a feed from a drone.

Their car lost steering and smashed into a freeway wall, bounced and stopped in the line if traffic. At that point I woke up.

Most of my dreams are not surreal.
They are literally, down to Earth. Everyday world stuff.

The odd thing with mine is how they are continously long.
Usually no place I recognise. Only occasionally people I recognise,
and I remember them in detail.

You mentioned vibrant.
That is something I was thinking about not long ago.
How can a dream be so clear and vibrant? More so than with the physical eyes?
More so than a thought in your mind of something you think of seeing?
They are like those super sharp, brillantly coloured TVs that have pictures more colourful than life.

It is a mystery.
Mine are panic disorder yet I still think I'm awake

Mine are panic disorder yet I still think I'm awake

Sometimes I think I am awake also even though it's a dream.
Ever had a dream within a dream experience?

You're dreaming and you know it because you are lucid.
Then in the dream, you dream you wake up, but, you don't.
You only dream you wake up.
In the dream you are now stumbling around the room trying to walk.
Everything looks funny and you can't really get your eyes open.
You feel afraid, because you are dreaming you're awake and all this is happening.
Then finally, you really do wake up.
I'm usually gasping at the unpleasent experience.

I really hate those type of dreams.

I have really random dreams. Once I dreamt that all of these crazy cat people were holding cats hostage inside this house and the police were trying to bargain with them. The group sent out this cat with demands taped to its collar and the officers read it and put another one on the collar and sent the cat back in. Well the cat went into a fenced yard when it did that cartoony cat scream and dogs were barking angrily and there was all this fur and paper shooting upwards into the air. One of the officers just said, “It’s not what you see that makes it funny. It’s what you don’t see.

Sometimes I think I am awake also even though it's a dream.
Ever had a dream within a dream experience?

You're dreaming and you know it because you are lucid.
Then in the dream, you dream you wake up, but, you don't.
You only dream you wake up.
In the dream you are now stumbling around the room trying to walk.
Everything looks funny and you can't really get your eyes open.
You feel afraid, because you are dreaming you're awake and all this is happening.
Then finally, you really do wake up.
I'm usually gasping at the unpleasent experience.

I really hate those type of dreams.
No haven't had near lucid dreaming since panic disorder,dislike all nightmares

New Threads

Top Bottom