• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

a deceptive online dating experience

paloftoon

V.I.P Member
A personal situation has been bothering me and I'm going to share it with you all. In this post, I am venting rather than looking for an answer.

I feel like race has been a personal issue for me even presently. I think it has gotten slightly better overall, but I think it can be complicated too.
There are many factors to consider.

'===========

Very recently, I had someone I was talking to for 13 days and we were connecting real well. He initiated some texts and made a few obscure references (including CRTs are better for older video game systems) and he was impressed that I was able to relate to them naturally.

I'm definitely "in his league" at least- so to speak- in arguably all aspects of life overall. (looks, career, etc.)

2 days ago, I ran into his profile on another app and it had a different name than he told me. He was the one that also asked us to trade first names and not me.
His profile said that he was into bears.

This person is local enough and we both drive (supposedly.)
We were both okay with building something platonic in-person at a minimum (supposedly).

Neither of these profiles are verified. So, I guess it "could" be a fake person. The context and detail of unique, natural enough interactions make it likely it wasn't fake.

I am not a bear and there's no way I could naturally "become a bear" nor do I plan to. The interaction made me feel like I am not a human being. Sure, I probably don't want to be associated with such a person.
In different forms, in-person, this kind of thing has happened too. Usually not to this extreme, but yeah.
It sucks that this kind of behavior is more a norm rather than an exception.

Last edited:
I am not sure I follow, but always make sure you meet a date in a place like a café because you don't know if this person is a potential threat. Also if it's not the person that appears in their main photo or they're not displaying their face properly in pictures, that's another red flag.

Not saying a photo has to be perfect, but it should be that the person is identifiable.

I’m never trying online dating again as guys only are interested in me for my looks/as their sugar baby.. I have zero interest in doing OF.. if a man is into that there’s dozens of ladies on OF that can do that work for a man.

I ended up blocking the account. Then he started another one and offered a call or text at a phone number. I responded and said let's start with a video chat since the app we're talking on has a video chat.
He has at least two cell phones because I still have his original account blocked, and then he contacts me off of another one. Connecting with someone and then coming back with social anxiety is not attractive. I'm only okay if he shows his real self and comes to my area in-person.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom