• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

90s Club Kids

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
Were you a 90s/early 2000s club kid? If so, here is a nostalgic club mix of some of the popular songs.

Yes they're corny and campy, and more than a bit embarrassing, but they sure take you back.

Post some that you remember the DJs playing.

Last edited:
I remember as a teenager, there being nightclubs that teens and young adults went to, and some kids even lived upstairs with the club owner.

Knowing when it was 80s night, goth night, etc, and having a schedule around that, it was so fun. I never really felt comfortable in the "social aspect" of nightclubs, but even though I wasn't a good dancer, it was so fun to put on wigs and costumes, and go out.

Poor as dirt, sometimes in teen shelters, or living in a welfare hotel, but living so much life.

I wouldn't go back if I had the choice, but the memories are so vivid and exciting.

I only know the theme songs to cartoons from then. Never was big into music at that time. Unless it tied into the cartoon. ThoyTh in my opinion the 90s and a few of the 2000s cartoons had excellent theme songs. To name a few X-men 90s version, Dragonball Z with Bruce Falconer, Batman the animated series 90s, Swat Kat's, Spider-man animated 90s version, Superman 90s, Justice League 2005 I think for it still good theme song. He-man 2003.

Thanks! Love dance music, it was the 80’s & 90’s my nights were spent at the discos. Prolly bout a decade before the techno music started.

I can’t get youtube to work for me, y’all got any Bee Gees Staying Alive? That one would get me to waggle a bit.

Last edited:
Here's two that I remember from that time period that as a kid always got me in the mood for summer:

Steps - Summer of Love

S Club 7 - Reach

I'll throw this one in as well, especially after reading one of the top comments:

2000: This song is so corny and Lame!
2020: I never should've taken happiness and positivity for granted...

S Club 7 - Bring It All Back

Darude | Sandstorm (2000):

IMO this was one of the few tracks that defined the dot.com era electronica scene. I remember driving through the suburban Sacramento slum of North Highlands late one night in the summer of 2000 and the local dance music station, Power 105.5, put this song on and just let it run via extended play for maybe 10 minutes. Very few people dared to be on that section of Watt Avenue at that time of night in those days, so it was mainly me in my Corolla, the rundown strip malls, and this song.

Sarina Paris | Look At Us (2000)

It's May 2000 and I'm driving north on US 101 through Santa Clara, California. The boom is just starting to wobble, and Silicon Valley is still a place of boundless dreams for my generation. I have Wild 94.9 on the radio and this starts playing just as I pass the De La Cruz exit, and I think that all is right with the world. I still can't help crying when I hear it.

Castles In The Sky | Ian Van Dahl (singing credit goes to "Marsha") 2000:

Another favorite. Cool goth style video.

Several other faves of mine have already been posted, others I have written down are pretty much forgotten today and aren't on Youtube.

In those days there were radio stations dedicated to dance mixes with hip hop filling off peak airtimes. Wild 107.7 in San Francisco, which took over the frequency 94.9 when country music station KSAN went bust around 1997. Shoestring operations like Power 105.5 in Sacramento that actually had taken over a transmitter about 35 miles north of Sacramento that had previously been owned by a Spanish language station, Radio Latina. It was so strapped for funds it couldn't even file for a new callsign, and used KLNA throughout its run which lasted 18 months or so. It couldn't be heard in much of urban Sacramento, which ultimately sunk it. The transmitter was sold to a church and became The Fish playing bland Christian-themed pop music. Others like KWIN in Stockton, Cal., had chunks of airtime devoted to dance mixes.

I remember S Club 7, didn't they had a tv show in nickelodeon or something like that? I think I was like 8yo back then.

Yesterday I was listening some songs from when I was like 8 or 9yo, late 90's, in spanish. I must reckon, I say today's music is trash and full of vulgarities, those songs I used to listen are by far worse and could never be released today, but it was a hell of fun and laughs.

Was well past the club scene by the 90s, except for The Green Mill (house band: Alfonso Ponticelli and Swing Gitan) or Fitzgerald's when Los Straitjackets or Brave Combo were in town. But still loved the Talking Heads. Best of their 90s was Lifetime Piling Up or This Must Be the Place. Here is the former.

But then I discovered Los Fabulosos Cadillacs and their Candombe style Matador. Finally saw them at House of Blues. Este musica rompa mis pieds.

Last edited:
I remember S Club 7, didn't they had a tv show in nickelodeon or something like that? I think I was like 8yo back then.

Yeah, they had a fair few series/one-off shows - although I'm not sure how many were on Nickelodeon as the only Nickelodeon shows I could watch were those broadcast on CBBC and CITV.

Here's the list:
Miami 7 / S Club 7 in Miami (1999)
S Club 7: Back to the 50's (1999)
S Club 7: Boyfriends and Birthdays (1999)
L.A 7 / S Club 7 in L.A (2000)
S Club 7 Go Wild! (2000)
Hollywood 7 / S Club 7 in Hollywood (2001/2002)
Viva S Club / S Club 7 in Barcelona (2002)
Seeing Double (2003)

New Threads

Top Bottom