• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

DystopiaIncognito

Hi there,

I'm a 36-year-old woman from Europe and have been living in isolation for years, even before current world events hit. I have a hard time seeking contact with people even though I'm quite lonely. Since I'm in the process of getting diagnosed I decided to join this Forum. It would be awesome to find like-minded people around my age with hopefully some similar interests and to talk about our experiences, life, the universe and everything.:seedling:

Kind regards,
Dystopia Incognito

upload_2022-7-5_17-13-10.png

Welcome to the forum, and I must say that your user name conjures interesting pictures in my head.

My best wishes in achieving a diagnosis for yourself, or at the very least a path to ending your isolationism. I was once like that but managed to break free of my self-imposed restrictions when I accepted myself rather than wanting something I could never find much less have.

Here there are individuals who know what it is like and this forum is a safe and effective support mechanism no matter where you are on the spectrum. Be at ease and join in. :hibiscus:

Hi @DystopiaIncognito,
If you change that age to 41, and the country to USA, your post could have been mine! And I don’t say that to take away your uniqueness, just to say that I totally relate to what you’ve written here. I am new here, too, and the experience has been exceptionally good. I hope it is for you, too.

Welcome @DystopiaIncognito . Would mental age count as this geezer is starting to get crispy around the edges. If the diagnosis would help you come to terms with, and let you understand your loneliness, more power to you. I was not diagnosed until 60 and had to face changing myself to relieve my loneliness, by myself, not knowing I am ASD. The understanding of my behavior is well past making much difference, but I still deal with PTSD from that part of my life.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Perhaps you will post more about your ideas and views on threads here, and I hope you will feel less isolated through being here. Isolation certainly goes with the territory of autism. For how to mix? And how to get what we want from any social encounter? We are different in our social behaviours and understandings, and it can make life hard at times. It's good that you are here.

:strawberry::cherries::tomato::tangerine::cherries::strawberry:

Welcome! What are some of your interests?
Hi! And thank you for responding, I'm so bad at stepping out of my usual internet adventures but I'm here now to answer.
I'm absolutely obsessed with anything sci-fi, cyberpunk and especially dystopian and post-apocalyptic. So any movie, series book and/or game that falls under a combination of this probably is very much my thing.
I'm an avid movie watcher, love to binge any good series and I used to game a lot, which I now do a little less. I don't know if anyone still does this but SecondLife is kinda my jam for many reasons, I used to draw a lot and like to go on sporadic creative adventures and SL is very good for that since the possibilities are endless. I'm fascinated by world-building and would love to join a D&D (tabletop RPG) game sometime if I dare. I spend most of my time on Discord where you can kinda do your own thing together, although I have phases where I just kinda disappear.

Anyway let me just leave it at this for now!
Thank you for taking interest.

Welcome to the forum, and I must say that your user name conjures interesting pictures in my head.

My best wishes in achieving a diagnosis for yourself, or at the very least a path to ending your isolationism. I was once like that but managed to break free of my self-imposed restrictions when I accepted myself rather than wanting something I could never find much less have.

Here there are individuals who know what it is like and this forum is a safe and effective support mechanism no matter where you are on the spectrum. Be at ease and join in. :hibiscus:

Thank you! Ha, yeah I kinda maybe explained a little where it comes from in my first replay but I'm obsessed with Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi ala Mad Max, Fallout, A boy and his Dog, The Road, Children of Men and The Mad Addam trilogy by Margaret Atwood (who's currently most know through the series The Handmaid's Tale I believe).

The diagosis is a long process, isn't it? I recently had my first appointment in which they fired rapid questions at me which gve me heavy Impostor Syndrome but I'm trying not to focus on that. I have yet to hear of a next appointment. Maybe if you want, you could tell me a little of your journey. I'm quite interested to what your experiences have been from suspecting something to self-acceptence.

Kind regards.

Hi @DystopiaIncognito,
If you change that age to 41, and the country to USA, your post could have been mine! And I don’t say that to take away your uniqueness, just to say that I totally relate to what you’ve written here. I am new here, too, and the experience has been exceptionally good. I hope it is for you, too.

No worries, I don't need to feel more unique since I'm actually looking for more things in common with people. How have you been and are you also getting diagnosed right now?

New Threads

Top Bottom