• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

2D animation vs 3D animation.

Adora

which one do you prefer?,I like 2D the best but feel like it's a dying animation style, or do you like 3D movies better and do you think that there is room for both 2D and 3D in the animation world.

2d... Although I am intrigued by just how easy 3D has become with Source Film Maker and MukiMukiDance...

which one do you prefer?,I like 2D the best but feel like it's a dying animation style, or do you like 3D movies better and do you think that there is room for both 2D and 3D in the animation world.

I know you are into drawing, and I imagine they would be in 2D.

I am guessing that by "3D" you mean the kind that can only be done with a computer? I personally prefer hand-drawn animation, regardless of how many dimensions it has. So by default, I suppose that would mean 2D. 3D effects can be added with a pencil, I think, but it would be very time-intensive.

I am guessing that by "3D" you mean the kind that can only be done with a computer? I personally prefer hand-drawn animation, regardless of how many dimensions it has. So by default, I suppose that would mean 2D. 3D effects can be added with a pencil, I think, but it would be very time-intensive.
Yeah but 3d is becoming easier then 2D...

I'm ok with both animation types such as 2D (Cel Animation) and 3D (CG-i). Though my favourite type of animation would be stop-motion plasticine, which was used to create Wallace & Gromit and Chicken Run. I think it sort of counts as 3D animation too.

I'm doing a course in 2D animation at the moment, have a look on YouTube for FlyCheese Studio to see some of the stuff I've worked on so far.

Also, British members on here might remember Morph, created in the early 80s but the late great Tony Hart, proper stop motion animation using Plasticine models, and before then were the old Sinbad movies, released around the late 60s as I recall, one of the earliest instances of stop motion animation.

Also, call me tight if you will, but I kind of refuse on principle to pay extra for 3D glasses for 3D movies because I already pay £16.90 a month to Cineworld for the privilege of not having to pay £9 a time every time I go there, hence sometimes I go twice a week to get my money's worth, the only exception was last year when I paid the extra for IMAX 3D for the new Star Wars, which I'll do again in December when Rogue One comes out.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom