• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

1980's cartoons

boosterjones

Who remembers the golden age of kids TV?

That many eh? If you don't know what I'm talking about then I'll give you all a clue....

the 1980's. While all the adults were out on miners srikes (and the like) we kids had (more or less) a great time, becouse of all of the great toys (when you or your parents child afford them!) and cartoons that were on TV!

So then what were your fave shows that you saw back then? (I'll give you a list of mine in a mo) And the great thing is (thanks in part to the many DVD box set that you can get now) that you did not have to be there at the time in order to appcate them! As the quilty of many of those shows really does stand up even today!

I do have small confesion to make however...

As I was born in 1984, I was not old enogth to porperly enjoy most of the programs in this list, but thanks to reruns (and DVD's) I was able to catch up on them later on in life. anyway now for the list of my top 5 shows

1. 'The Mysterious Cities of Gold' (My fave kids show from the 1980's, a masterpeace of kids TV which stands up very well today Out on DVD now Zia clones and Golden Cordor planes sadly not avilabe at the moment! I like to write a lot of fanfic about this one)

2. 'Transfromers' (Does not need any kind of intorduction!)

3. 'Ulyesse 31' ( my first expoure to Greek myths, abet in outer space)

4. 'Jayce and the Wheeled Warrors' (I was gutted when this one was put of the air...)

5. 'He Man and the Masters of the Univerce' (I have the Power!)

And that's just my top 5, as there's still the likes of 'She Ra Priness of Power!' (if your a girl or boy), 'Jem' (if youre a girl) and and 'Dogtanion' (if you are a animal lover) to go.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this post but sadly I'll have to go now as Zia has fallen down a cliff, Mendoza'a betrayed us and I just saw some robots tranform and start fighting each other.

Goodbye Till Next Time

Really was there even a bad one? :)
Ulyesse 31 should make most lists for the introduction song alone, they don't make them like that anymore

Mortals?!
You defy the gods?!
I sentance you to travel amongst unknown stars!
Until you find the kingdom of Hades,
Your bodys will stay lifeless as stone!

Fascinating and unsettling at the same time, classic :)

Trapdoor was pretty funny as well.. (Berk! Feed me!)

Anyone else remember a French show called Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea that was on Nickelodeon?

I've discovered that a lot of cartoons that I watched growing up were at least partially European (I'm American), another one is this movie I watched a lot on VHS that was a Spanish/Mexican co-production:

Anyone else remember a French show called Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea that was on Nickelodeon?

I've discovered that a lot of cartoons that I watched growing up were at least partially European (I'm American), another one is this movie I watched a lot on VHS that was a Spanish/Mexican co-production:

I use to really like Katy Caterpillar. And top cat

Um, would those cartoons based on popular Nintendo games in the late 80's and early 90's count ? It's funny, I could almost still taste the Super Mario Bros cereal lol XD

Um, would those cartoons based on popular Nintendo games in the late 80's and early 90's count ? It's funny, I could almost still taste the Super Mario Bros cereal lol XD
I approve. Super Mario Super Show, Mario 3, Super Mario World, Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, Captain N, The Legend of Zelda. Not sure if there was anything else.

What about the 60's ! We had Watch with Mother, Pogle's Wood, Bill & Ben, The Woodentops and Muffin the Mule ! Yes, I am that old !

My kids were born in the 70's and I can remember some of their cartoons. I can remember "Howdy Doody" and "Koca, Fran and Ollie" when I was little. Of course we didn't have electricity back then and had to watch TV by candle light.

I watched Dinosaucers, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and Ducktales. The theme song to Ducktales is really catchy and my favorite one.

New Threads

Top Bottom