• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

10 Companies that Hire Adults with High-functioning Autism or Asperger’s

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me. Due to this article been a list with a lot of information, I'm going to put the first page's information here and leave the link for you to skim through it).

If you are looking for a job but are not sure which companies hire adults with high functioning autism or Asperger’s this list of 10 companies that hire adults with high-functioning autism or Asperger’swill definitely help you find your answer.
Finding a secure employment and having a dream job is hard for everyone but especially for those with autism spectrum disorder. For adults with autism spectrum disorder, including high-functioning autism and Asperger’s, employment opportunities are very scarce.
The problem arises as soon as these individuals finish high-school. There are a lot of government-funded educational institutions and care facilities for children and youth with autism spectrum disorder but as soon as they graduate there is almost no place for them to go.
This is confirmed by a report published in the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. According to this report only 20% of young adults with ASD worked at a full-time job, earning only $8,10 per hour which is significantly lower than the average wage of individuals who are not on the spectrum.
The conclusion of this study states that population with ASD is experiencing particular difficulties while transitioning into employment. Their combined unemployment and underemployment rate is around 90%, according to Huffington Post.

One of the main reasons for this situation is the lack of understanding of people with ASD. The very nature of ASD makes individuals on the spectrum less prone to communication and social interaction. While a lot of individuals with ASD developmental that can impair communication skills, speech and fine motor skill, those who are on high end of the spectrum (including those with high-functioning autism and Asperger’s) usually have mild symptoms which are often limited to impaired social skills.
Very few employers understand that those on the spectrum have desirable qualities such as high intelligence, attention to detail, very direct communication style and are able to focus on a single activity for a longer time period.
Some jobs that are considered as boring and repetitive can be very rewarding and calming jobs for individuals with autism. Moreover, individuals on the spectrum frequently outperform their colleagues who are not on the spectrum, if they carefully choose a job they are good at.
If you are wondering which jobs are suitable for individuals with high-functioning autism or Asperger’s, take a look at our list of Best Jobs for Adults with High-functioning Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

In order to compile this list of best companies that hire adults with high-functioning autism or Asperger’s, I relied on Google Search results to find the suggestions and I singled out companies listed on the following websites: Monster, Huffington Post, Forbes, Kerry Margo, The Autism Site Blog and The Atlantic.
I’ve focused mostly on larger companies but I added a couple of smaller ones as well. Most companies on this list expand their programs for employment of adults with ASD which means that there are more job opportunities.
Companies on this list state that they hire adults with autism spectrum disorder without specifically stating high-functioning autistic persons or those with Asperger’s. However, both HFA and AS adults are suitable for the jobs which these companies offer and in general, it is more likely that those on a high-functioning end (such as HFA and AS) will have traits and education necessary for these jobs.
Companies are ranked without any special order.

Source: 10 Companies that Hire Adults with High-functioning Autism or Asperger’s - Insider Monkey

(Not written by me. Due to this article been a list with a lot of information, I'm going to put the first page's information here and leave the link for you to skim through it).

If you are looking for a job but are not sure which companies hire adults with high functioning autism or Asperger’s this list of 10 companies that hire adults with high-functioning autism or Asperger’swill definitely help you find your answer.
Finding a secure employment and having a dream job is hard for everyone but especially for those with autism spectrum disorder. For adults with autism spectrum disorder, including high-functioning autism and Asperger’s, employment opportunities are very scarce.
The problem arises as soon as these individuals finish high-school. There are a lot of government-funded educational institutions and care facilities for children and youth with autism spectrum disorder but as soon as they graduate there is almost no place for them to go.
This is confirmed by a report published in the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. According to this report only 20% of young adults with ASD worked at a full-time job, earning only $8,10 per hour which is significantly lower than the average wage of individuals who are not on the spectrum.
The conclusion of this study states that population with ASD is experiencing particular difficulties while transitioning into employment. Their combined unemployment and underemployment rate is around 90%, according to Huffington Post.

One of the main reasons for this situation is the lack of understanding of people with ASD. The very nature of ASD makes individuals on the spectrum less prone to communication and social interaction. While a lot of individuals with ASD developmental that can impair communication skills, speech and fine motor skill, those who are on high end of the spectrum (including those with high-functioning autism and Asperger’s) usually have mild symptoms which are often limited to impaired social skills.
Very few employers understand that those on the spectrum have desirable qualities such as high intelligence, attention to detail, very direct communication style and are able to focus on a single activity for a longer time period.
Some jobs that are considered as boring and repetitive can be very rewarding and calming jobs for individuals with autism. Moreover, individuals on the spectrum frequently outperform their colleagues who are not on the spectrum, if they carefully choose a job they are good at.
If you are wondering which jobs are suitable for individuals with high-functioning autism or Asperger’s, take a look at our list of Best Jobs for Adults with High-functioning Autism or Asperger’s Syndrome.

In order to compile this list of best companies that hire adults with high-functioning autism or Asperger’s, I relied on Google Search results to find the suggestions and I singled out companies listed on the following websites: Monster, Huffington Post, Forbes, Kerry Margo, The Autism Site Blog and The Atlantic.
I’ve focused mostly on larger companies but I added a couple of smaller ones as well. Most companies on this list expand their programs for employment of adults with ASD which means that there are more job opportunities.
Companies on this list state that they hire adults with autism spectrum disorder without specifically stating high-functioning autistic persons or those with Asperger’s. However, both HFA and AS adults are suitable for the jobs which these companies offer and in general, it is more likely that those on a high-functioning end (such as HFA and AS) will have traits and education necessary for these jobs.
Companies are ranked without any special order.

Source: 10 Companies that Hire Adults with High-functioning Autism or Asperger’s - Insider Monkey

Meh, this is exclusive to the US, I'm in Sheffield, England.

Contrary to popular belief not everyone on the Internet lives in North America or Canada.

This is very useful. Are there similar lists for other countries or regions than the USA?

Technically at least Monster.com, The Atlantic, and Huffington Post all maintain various international offices.

Last edited:
Meh, this is exclusive to the US, I'm in Sheffield, England.

Contrary to popular belief not everyone on the Internet lives in North America or Canada.

Research on the internet Rich, any UK based companies that operate the same way?

New Threads

Top Bottom