• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

10 Anime to Watch This Valentine’s Day...

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me. For the full article, click the link at the bottom of the page.)

February’s here. You know, that pesky second month of the year that doubles as a painful reminder of the New Year’s resolutions we’ve yet to begin. But, hey, at least there’s Valentine’s Day. Cupid’s arrow easily helps us forget our worries (and our gym memberships), replacing them with boxes of chocolate, red roses, and romance anime. So, why not enjoy this lovely day by watching your favorite animated characters experience the good, the bad, and the ugly of this rollercoaster ride we call love?
Here are 10 anime you should watch this Valentine’s Day.

01. I want to eat your pancreas
Kick off your Valentine’s Day anime marathon with one of the best movies of 2018, I want to eat your pancreas. The film follows Sakura Yamauchi, a young girl with pancreatic cancer, and the aloof Haruki Shiga as they spend time together in Sakura’s final days.
At first glance, I want to eat your pancreas may seem to offer nothing more than the usual romantic tropes, such as a young girl suffering from an illness and a standoffish boy. But in actuality, its story runs much deeper than that, thanks to its focus on celebrating life and friendship. Of course, this doesn’t mean it isn’t full of unexpected heartbreaking moments. I want to eat your pancreas is a beautiful, sad story that will give you all the feels and make you appreciate the time you have left with your loved ones.

02. Your Name
Your Name centers around Mitsuha Miyamizu, a girl living in the countryside, and Taki Tachibana a boy residing in Tokyo. Well, that is until a mysterious incident causes these two high schoolers to repeatedly swap bodies, which leads to a ton of questions — and awkward moments.
To keep from ruining each other’s lives, they come up with a plan to leave notes for each other. That way, when they return to their bodies, they can pick up where the other left off. They initially grow frustrated with each other. But eventually, they develop feelings for each other and decide to meet in person. Meeting one another in their own bodies, however, will prove much more difficult than they ever imagined.
Not only is Your Name a visual masterpiece, but it also tells a charming love story that will make you laugh and cry — sometimes simultaneously. Not only that, viewers also get a front row seat to various Japanese traditions and customs.

03. Tsurezure Children
Love is awkward, especially when you’re a teenager. Hormones get in the way, and then there are the various other emotions that make confessing your feelings a bit difficult. Just ask the characters in Tsurezure Children. The series follows various high school students at different stages of romantic courtship, from being unable to confess their feelings to not knowing what real love feels like — and the various obstacles they encounter along the way.
Although each episode is only about 12 minutes long, the series still manages to hit all the necessary tropes, and will even have you shouting at your screen. In the end, Tsurezure Children teaches us that love isn’t always pretty or direct. It’s a rollercoaster ride where you have to hold on for dear life.

04. Vampire Knight
There are two groups of students at the prestigious Cross Academy: the Day Class and the Night Class, which is comprised of aristocratic vampires. Thanks to the School Guardians — Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu — the Day Class has no idea that they share the school grounds with blood-sucking creatures.
But Zero hates this job and harbors a deep hatred towards the vampires. Yuki, on the other hand, can only see the good in them, especially when it comes to the Night Class’ president, Kaname Kuran, who also happens to lead the Vampire Society.
Things get complicated for the trio when feelings get involved, leading Zero and Kaname to try to keep Yuki safe, from both humans and vampires. The result is a sordid love triangle worth sinking your teeth into.

05. Toradora
Love can be funny sometimes. You can spend all your time longing for a single person only to miss the opportunity that’s right in front of you. Unfortunately, this happens to be the case with Taiga Aisaka and Ryuuji Takasu, who are in love with two of the most popular students at their school. When they find out about each other’s secret crushes, they decide to help one another. But Taiga and Ryuuji’s opposite personalities get in the way, leading to many conflicts.
Despite looking like a delinquent, Taiga has a kind heart. Meanwhile, Ryuuji is sarcastic but willing to destroy anyone who crosses Taiga. Thanks to Cupid’s arrow, Taiga and Ryuuji find themselves falling for each other. Their genuine interactions make for some laugh-out-loud and dramatic moments. So if you’re looking for a relatable romantic comedy to enjoy with that special someone, then check out Toradora.

Source: 10 Anime to Watch This Valentine’s Day

LOL I scrolled down wondering if I should say something about that first one, I actually flinched when I read it.

Yeah, it just seems so... out of place, while being mildly icky.

May as well take another one of them and name it "I Threw A Frozen Cat Turd Through The Neighbor's Window Today" because the story somehow involves a cat.

I actually thought of multiple other possibilities but this was the only one that wasnt totally overboard.

I recall Vampire Knight being really good, this is making me all nostalgic.

I'm trying to think of an anime to add to the list and it is making me realise that my taste in anime was rather bloodthirsty and not really Valentines appropriate.

Yeah, it just seems so... out of place, while being mildly icky.

May as well take another one of them and name it "I Threw A Frozen Cat Turd Through The Neighbor's Window Today" because the story somehow involves a cat.

I actually thought of multiple other possibilities but this was the only one that wasnt totally overboard.
Thanks I really needed a good laugh :joycat:

"I want to eat your pancreas"...well, that's a pretty tall order o_O

SURE, ANYTHING FOR YOU MY LOVE! How do you want it?!? Medium rare? Baked? With some rice on the side? :kissingheart:

I don't watch anime and I read the premise of the story there...quite sad indeed, but that title in itself had me cracking up for a bit.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom