Sorry it's been so long. The reason why it's taken me this long to sound back, is because I have been extremely busy. But I can give you a run down of everything in highlights.
1. Access Awareness Week happened on my campus. I was one of the three main organizers and as a result i was featured in 4 different news articles for my work.
2. Loss of core funding. One of the organization's I have been a board member of lost core government funding of $50,000. I also ended up in the media during that time as a representative of the region I'm from. It really sucked that the government would stop funding us when we have been helping people and businesses with implementing an accessibility standard for the province. The good news however is 7 months after the fact and we are still hanging on. But unfortunately I don't know how much more we can take before we may need to shut down for good until we can get funding re-established.
3. Election.... So I ran in my student body elections. This time I was seeking to move up into an executive position and I won my election. My election was contested. But I became the first ever openly disabled executive to ever be elected to my student union. So there's something to be proud of.
4. I completed my topics course in Historiography and wrote and defended my research essay. It was on Aleta Clement, a first wave feminist who lived in my community at the time that womens suffrage movement was taking off in Canada. That essay now sits in the archives of the museum I did that research on.
5. I had mentioned my partner being hurt last time. He is 100% healed now and we are working on finding him a better job now. So I have been the sole income earner since late August last year. Our city is horrible for jobs unfortuneately.
6. I won my first scholarship of my degree, it was for the highest level of academic achievement for my Archaeology Major (unfortunately still nothing for my history major).
7. I relapsed in my mental health a bit from my thesis causing me stress. But I'm slowly coming back down to reality.
8. I am currently embarking on my final year of university. So soon I will be looking at masters programme and trying to get into a good school to finish my education.
But in the meantime those are my highlights. I probably won't post again until September. In the meantime don't forget to thank an activist and I will be seeing you all on the flip side.
Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
- Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
- Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral